For a global supplier with customers in more than 170 countries, I am looking for a Data Engineer. This Belgian company is a world leader in its niche. Throughout the years they have invested more than other companies in developing a state-of-the-art IT-department, that keeps evolving with the latest trends. Their BI team is divided in dedicated teams consisting of at least 4 BI-specialists: a functional analyst, a data engineer, a report developer and a product owner. To complement two of their dedicated teams, the company is now looking for two new Data Engineers.
As a data engineer you are responsible for modeling and transforming the data. You work closely with the functional-(BI)-analyst on technical questions and assessing his proposals. You map the data from different source systems and set up the ERL system to transform the data to the Datawarehouse. You must ensure a good technical data design, that meets the business requirements. Beside you are also responsible for investigating and solving problems and incidents and for documenting the central data repository.
- Knowledge of SQL (must have)
- Knowledge of an ETL tool (must have, Pentaho is an absolute plus)
- Analytical mindset
- Innovative and creative
- Independent, able to work autonomously and structured
- Knowledge of Google Stack is a plus
- Fascinated by data
- Fluent is English and Dutch (written and spoken)
- Bachelor degree in ICT or relevant experience
What they offer
- A position in a – family orientated – international company
- The possibility to grow in the company
- An innovative, progressive and technical IT-environment
- Flexibility in work arrangement, a good work-life balance is important
- An attractive salary package, with group and hospitalization insurance, luncheon vouchers, company restaurant, etc.
Is this a challenge for you? Then please contact me via email@example.com or call me at 03/808.15.51 or 0487/53.21.37 for more information.