A company based in the south of Brussels with a big focus on innovation. The trust they have in their employees is remarkable, everyone is valued by their qualities. They want to invest in the company and employees to become a data-driven. Therefore they are looking for more people to add to the team. Interested in building things from scratch? Then this might be your fit!
As a Lead Data Scientist you will be the first Data Scientist in the company and you will get the opportunity to create a new Data Science platform from scratch. Some tasks will include:
- Leading and executing analytics projects
- Developing analytical models and evaluate their fit for available data
- Design of data science solutions
- Identifying the right set of models and develop the right code to execute them
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and partners
- Working across a range of technologies and tools
In other words, together with the Lead Data Engineer and the CDO you’ll be get a green field to work on. There are many use cases to do and we need someone who likes to get their hands dirty with programming and methodologies. You’ll give your input to design a platform, you decide which kits you want to play with.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- PhD degree is necessary
- Strong experience with analytics tools (Python, R, Apache Spark, Hadoop, …)
- Able to identify the right modeling approach
- Analytical mindset and thrilled to build up a complete new data environment
- People management skills are a big plus