A company based in the south of Brussels with a big focus on innovation. The trust they have in their employees is remarkable, everyone is valued by their qualities. They want to invest in the company and employees to become a data-driven. Therefore they are looking for more people to add to the team. Interested in building things from scratch? Then this might be your fit!
As a Lead Data Engineer you will be the first Data Engineer in the company and you will get the opportunity to create a platform from scratch. Some tasks will include:
- improving the data warehouse architecture
- designing, implementing and optimizing the data lake architecture
- support data initiatives
- ensure optimal data delivery
- collaborate with business stakeholders and partners
- working across a range of technologies and tools.
In other words, together with the Lead Data Scientist and the CDO you’ll be get a green field to work on. There are many use cases to do. You’ll give your input to design a platform, you decide which kits you want to play with.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong experience with Hadoop Clusters
- Experience with large and complex datasets
- Big Data/Cloud experience (Hadoop, Spark, Python, Scala, Azure, AWS, …)
- Analytical mindset and thrilled to build up a complete new data environment
- People management skills are a big plus