Our Brussels based client is looking for a senior Oracle database administrator. The company is in the center of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport. You will join the IT department and work closely with other Oracle DBA specialists.
As an Oracle database administrator, you will:
- Guarantee the availability, secure access and performance of the databases.
- Manage production environments and take the necessary steps to ensure the performance and availability of databases.
- Manage daily tasks such as backups and ensure business needs are met
- Ensure the proper use of different database technologies by IT teams and suppliers by:
- Using best practice methods and development standards
- Giving users support (implementation of best practices, code improvement, ...)
- Controlling critical developments
- Coordinating production deployments to minimize downtime
- Deploying scripts and IT solutions on our production environment at the request of application managers
- Manage collaboration with suppliers:
- Follow-up of the collaborative process
- Management of KPIs to measure their productivity and our level of satisfaction
- Management of daily collaboration
As a senior Oracle database administrator, you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Informatics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in database administrating
- Deep understanding of Oracle environment and SQL
- A strong interest in database innovations and like to share your knowledge with your team.
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux databases.
- Good communication skills.
- A diplomatic approach of communicating your ideas to the team and other stakeholders.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Dutch or French
- Fluent in English
- Start date: ASAP
- Daily rate: to be discussed
- Project 6 months
If you are interested, send me your cv and call me ASAP.
Visser & Van Baars
+32 485 55 35 33