One of our Brussels based banking clients is looking for a data scientist to join the IT department. The office is located in the center of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Work on use cases involving the treatment of unstructured documents, including but not limited to:
- Information extraction and verification (names, dates, amounts, or more complex types of information) from unstructured documents
- Automated data encoding
- The scope of the project can evolve according to the business specifications.
- The scripting language of choice will be Python, common machine learning frameworks for python will be used.
- The end goal of use cases is to have a service running in production on a daily basis.
- Code must be well documented and interpretable.
- The robustness and performance of the algorithms has to be tested and validated. Performance will be monitored during production.
- Code maintenance and extension should be facilitated.
As a Data Scientist, you have:
- A Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline
- Computer science, statistics, mathematics or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in advanced analytics.
- Experience in Machine Learning, software engineering in Python, natural language processing.
- Experience in process optimization and automation.
- Result driven, pro-active, and quick self-starter.
- Good communication skills.
- A diplomatic approach of communicating your ideas to the team and other stakeholders.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Start date: 01/01/2020
- Daily rate: to be discussed
- Project 6 months
If you are interested, send me your cv and call me ASAP.
Visser & Van Baars
+32 485 55 35 33