Our client is active in the B2B Real Estate sector and holds offices worldwide; from the Americas to Australia, from Asia to Africa: they hold market shares on all these continents. The company manages their EMEA region from their Brussels office. The organisation is relatively flat and there are no fixed teams or many dedicated managers. Everyone hired by this company, is hired because of their sense of responsibility. Also, with no fixed desk, you can sit everywhere you feel like. It is up to you to assess what is your plan for the day and with whom you have to sit down to get things done. The work you deliver at the end is most important and determines how the company assesses you. The standards are high, but in return they (e.g.) try to give back in the form of a breakfast for employees every day, also by offering a flexible work environment and a nice remuneration package.
As a BI Specialist you will be the technical lead for the end-to-end BI environment of our client. Your scope ranges from setting up a new Datawarehouse up to grasping the right business requirements in order to lift the reporting- and analysis environments to higher levels; next to this you will also be responsible for setting up the right best practices within this context. You will work very closely together with the current BI manager and many other stakeholders to come up with the best possible BI environment for the EU region. Therefore, your impact within the organisation (national/international) can be quite significant!
Who are you?
- Our client is looking for somebody with at least bachelor level with a minimum of 2 to 3 years work experience.
- You speak English fluently (Dutch/French is a big plus).
- You need to have end-to-end experience with the chain of BI, preferably with the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI); having cloud experience is a plus.
- Also, being able to program in Python is considered a plus.
- Our client requires a person that is proactive, mature, trustworthy, empathic, patient, eager to learn, open minded, critical and helpful.
- Moreover, you need to be able to ask the right questions to be able to get to the core of the challenge/problem; you are someone who is able to build bridges between different departments and you have a flexible mindset to coope with sudden changes that may occur at any moment of the day.
- Having worked at a consultancy would be a big plus, as our client sees the added value of you having experienced different (technical) environments.
- Location: Brussels area.
- Personal work permit needed: yes.