For a project based in Brussels, I’m looking for a data scientist with approximately three years of experience in Python and Spark. The company is in the center of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport. You will join the analytics department and work closely with other internal data scientists.
As a data scientist, you will:
- Work with expert colleagues and business representatives to examine the results and keep models grounded in reality.
- Work on use cases involving the treatment of unstructured documents, including but not limited to:
- Information extraction and verification (names, dates, amounts, or more complex types of information) from unstructured documents
- Automated data encoding
- The scope of the project can evolve according to the business specifications.
- The scripting language of choice will be Python, common machine learning frameworks for python will be used.
- The end goal of use cases is to have a service running in production on a daily basis.
- Code must be well documented and interpretable.
- The robustness and performance of the algorithms must be tested and validated. Performance will be monitored during production.
- Code maintenance and extension should be facilitated
As a data scientist you have:
- More than 3 years’ experience in Python.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Spark and PySprak.
- Experience in Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, statistics.
- Preferable experience in an agile environment (Scrum).
- Team player
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Fluent in Dutch
- English or French is a plus
- Start date: 03/02/2020
- Daily rate: to be discussed
- Project 6 months
If you are interested, send me your cv and call me ASAP.
Daan Loos – Consultant
Visser & Van Baars
+32 485 55 35 33