You have an analytical mindset and like working with data? Looking to work in a innovative Big Data environment? Be sure to keep reading!
As a Lead Data Engineer you assist Data Engineers in developing and implementing data collection and storage solutions. You lead by example and combine working hands-on with a leading and supporting role. You work close together with a team of data specialists, business stakeholders and software engineers.
- You take the lead in the Data Engineering team;
- Together with Data Architects and System Engineers you set out the data strategy;
- Tech Leads from other departments work closely with you in defining needs and projects regarding the DI Data Lake;
- You technically assist data scientist in Machine Learning projects;
- The team works according the Scrum methodology, you will keep an eye on the sprints and backlog;
- You create an optimal data pipeline architecture;
- You effectively plan, organize and efficiently manage incoming requests;
- You help various departments to fulfill their business goals by providing long term reports as well as ad hoc insights.
- Experience in leading a team of Data Engineers or senior Data Engineering experience? Great!
- You communicate and report in an effective way;
- You have worked in an Agile environment before;
- Supporting and leading colleagues is what drives you;
- Hands-on experience in ETL pipelines (Spark or PySpark preferred);
- Good knowledge of Python, Scala or Java;;
- You have experience in data visualization (Tableau, Power BI or Qlik Sense);
- Work at a market leading and trend-setting company;
- An innovative Big Data environment;
- Support from senior colleagues;
- Growth and learning opportunities;
- Flexible working hours, home working possibilities and competitive salary.
Interested? Make sure to reach out, you can reach me on +32 487 53 21 37 or via mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.